Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Reflections on Week 1

1. The only factor that’s going to affect my participation and experience in this class is my schedule. I have soccer practice every Tuesday and Thursday; each practice takes about three hours between driving, staying late, and the actual practice. So on those two days, I am extremely busy because I also have a lot of homework for other classes: history, math, chemistry, and Spanish. Therefore, I do as much homework as possible on Mondays, Wednesdays, and the weekends.

2. The learning experience that changed me isn't necessarily the best, but I did learn. When I was in eighth grade at Tommie Kunst, I had a math teacher who really cared about and connected to his students. He taught our class really well and he taught us other useful information. I learned not only math but how to test properly, work with others, and much more. I paid attention to almost everything he said because it kept my interest and was useful.

3. I am most excited about being challenged in this class. I am most concerned about the homework we will be getting and the timed essays because I don’t do well under pressure. I look forward to learning how to cope with this pressure and reading great novels. I think by achieving these two goals, I can learn to keep calm when I have a specific time limit and gain more knowledge from reading books I would never have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment